8 INSTAGRAM SPOTS IN NEW ZEALAND
After a visit to the North Island in December last year, the charm of New Zealand has lured us back this year with its mindblowing and surreal scenic spots, the kindness of the people and alpacas aplenty.
1. Lake Tekapo - It's the most beautiful place I've ever seen, the glacial melted turquoise water and sea of lupins in full bloom (from late November to early December) took my breath away.
2. Kuirau Park - The only geothermal public park in Rotorua, it's not on our itinerary as we only planned to visit Wai-O-Tapu thermal wonderland (which was a little underwhelming). We felt lucky to have come across this park somehow.
3. Hamilton Gardens - There are over 20 gardens inside, but the star is indisputably Indian Char Bagh Garden as pictured above.
4. Hobbiton - Even you are not a fan of Lord of the Rings, you would have a great time immersing yourself in the Middle-earth.
5. Blue Lake - The clearest lake in the world with visibility up to 8 metres. To say the scene is unforgettable is an understatement.
6. CHCH Swing - Who can resist a giant swing, especially when it's so photogenic.
7. Shamarra Alpaca Farm - You can cuddle and snuggle with over 100 alpacas here, I was lucky enough to get spat at too. Advanced booking is required.
8. That Wanaka Tree - Also known as the Lone Tree of Lake Wanaka, it's a rare sight with melancholy beauty.